Warton Hall will be opening to the public 9th – 17th May 2015 with the National Garden Scheme. Warton Hall is a small Georgian Manor house in Lancashire once the home of Augustus Wykeham Clifton. The gardens are approximately 4 acres of mainly woodland and lawn. There is a bog garden and vegetable garden.
Interested persons are invited to submit their own ideas as to how they could contribute to the Woodland Meditation Walk. The art installations will be selected according to the ability of the artist to find harmony with the surroundings and connection with nature and the creation. Please take note that in May the woodland generally has a carpet of bluebells and the trees are waking up after the winter, the light is particularly gentle. The public will walk along paths and have the opportunity to see the garden and the art from the pathways. There will be provision for refreshments, toilet, and limited parking for visitors.
INVITE TO ARTISTS, DESIGNERS, CRAFT MAKERS, STORY TELLERS, MUSICIANS, SUPPORT STAFF
23rd February 2015 – 1pm OR 25th February 2015 – 10.30am
Warton Hall Lodge Lane Lytham FY8 5RP
Tel: 01253 734627 Mobile:07801669643 Email: email@example.com
Please confirm by email the day you would like to attend.
1.For the Application Form contact me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline is the 24th March 2015
2. Please provide a written statement which tells of the effect woodland has upon you personally and on the piece/pieces of work you are submitting.
3. All art must be for sale and there is an opportunity for some exhibitors to sell other pieces from the small shop.
4. Commission is 30% of the retail price, which will go towards funding the event.
5. Images provided by the participants will be used for advertising.
6. Public Liability Insurance is essential and a copy of your Agreement must be provided before the event.
7.Those successfully selected must deliver their work no later than the 5th May, 4pm and collect on the 18th May by 4pm. So that you are able to familiarise yourself with the venue and in particular make a choice for the position of your work in the garden, you are invited to one of the two preview sessions.